Thursday, December 27, 2012

Devotions

While reading my daily devotion, a few things stuck out with me. I wanted to share these things with you. I've also included notes (in no particular order) that I've gathered from previous devotions. I hope they are helpful!

Hebrews 10:24-25, "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." (NIV)

The funny thing about waiting is it can be all-consuming. It inhales my attention, chews my focus and swallows my thoughts, leaving me in a place of uncertainty and doubt. I forget God's power to fulfill my hopes for prayers answered. Its then, when I can't see how He's going to bring things to pass, I have to rely on His faithfulness in the past.
Remembering God's faithfulness in other's lives in Scripture, reminds us of His faithfulness in our own.

When joy surrounds. When sorrow clobbers. When all's right in our world. When the bottom drops out. When we feel loved and cherished. When we feel abandoned and alone, let's remember... They remembered that God was their Rock, that God Most High was their Redeemer. (Psalm 78:35)

Remember times God has been faithful to you. Recount those out loud today.
Focus on the everyday miracles that remind us of God's faithfulness like waking up and breathing.

"You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 (NIV 1984)

Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (NKJV)


Continue to let God lead you, shape you and speak to you. You are beautiful and He has plans for your life that you can't even begin to imagine. But first you must dedicate your life to seeking, chasing after, glorifying, and spreading the joy and love of Jesus Christ. I pray these scriptures, words and thoughts have blessed you as they have blessed me.

With Love,

Tiff